President's Day Timeline (Click Here)
Civics Study Guide : Click Here!
Sample of letter to Senator/Rep Students-click the link to read a sample letter and then begin writing your own! Keep in mind spelling/paragraph structure is essential as this is a published piece!
Steps for How a Bill Becomes a Law at the State Level
1. A bill is written by someone in the Senate or Assembly.
2. Senate and Assembly have a majority vote and approve the bill
3. Governor signs it and it becomes a law.
4. If the governor vetoes it, the bill is returned to the legislature.
5. If 2/3 of the Senate and the Assembly vote they agree with bill,
it becomes a law.